When you combine group term life (employer-paid) and voluntary term life (employee-paid) coverage, you offer an even broader range of protection for employees. Best of all, your employees have guaranteed coverage—meaning they can get up to a certain amount of life insurance without answering medical questions.
Our flexible life insurance lets you customize a package just right for your company. Here are a few highlights of our coverage.
Understanding group life insurance terms
体育网站投注Coverage is a set amount. For example, a flat $20,000 is a life insurance benefit of $20,000.
Percentage of salary
Coverage is a percentage of the employee’s salary. For example, an employee has a life insurance policy that is twice (or 200%) her salary. Her salary is $50,000, which means a life insurance benefit of $100,000.
体育网站投注Choose from a flat dollar amount and let employees elect a benefit that fits their needs and their budget by selecting a benefit that is a multiple of that dollar amount. For example, if you select a $20,000 increment, employees could purchase $20,000; $40,000; $60,000, etc.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)2
体育网站投注It’s no surprise. People have accidents every day. And, unfortunately, some of them are severe. Adding Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage to group term life or voluntary term life provides your employees with even greater protection. A core benefit is paid for the loss of life, hands, feet, thumb and index finger, or vision as the result of an accident.
Extra features3—at no extra cost to you
Some of our group life insurance policies give employees access to extra services.
- Travel assistance: Helps employees ease some of the worries of traveling – whether in the U.S. or internationally.
- Will and legal document center: Lets employees create simple legal documents online.
- Identity theft kit: Allows employees to be proactive in protecting one of their most important assets—their identify.
- Beneficiary support: Helps those coping with the death of a loved one.
I’m interested in Principal life insurance. What’s next?
- Do you know how your life insurance measures up? See how your measures up with other companies like yours.
- Talk to your advisor about offering group life insurance. And, consider combining group life insurance with group disability insurance to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Already a customer? .