Choose from a range of features to customize the coverage that’s right for you and your employees. Flexible options include: benefit percentages, maximum benefits, elimination periods, benefit payment periods, and more.
Definitions makes a big difference
体育网站投注Disability insurance can be complex. That’s why it’s important to have a good handle on the contract’s language. Just one word or phrase can make a big difference when—or if—an employee qualifies as disabled. Here are a few definitions that make our disability contract different.
“Or” definition of disability
Using the small word “or” in the definition of disability means employees who aren’t totally disabled may still qualify for benefits. Employees qualify for benefits by meeting either of the following criteria:
Unable to perform the majority of substantial duties of their own job (for short-term disability) or occupation (for long-term disability).
Unable to earn 80% of their pre-disability income while working in a modified capacity.
“Own job” definition for short-term disability
体育网站投注We use an “own job” definition of disability instead of the more common “own occupation.” That means we look at the job the employee was performing on the date of the disability—not the occupation.
Getting employees back on their feet—and back to work
体育网站投注The road back to work from a disability can be difficult, for you and your employee. We’re dedicated to helping both of you through this process to make the journey easier.
Our Return-to-Work ResourcesSM program offers:
- Personal rehabilitation plans: Outlines an individualized plan for the disabled employee with input from the employee, physician and employer.
- Work incentives: Provides disabled employees with additional benefits if they return to work part time.
- Rehabilitation incentives: Increases the benefit percentage for disabled employees who agree to participate in rehabilitation programs.
- Reasonable accommodation benefits: Reimburses you for expenses used to modify the worksite to allow a disabled employee to return to work.
Personalized claim services
You can count on the managed disability services team to guide you and your employees through what can be an uncertain time. After a claim is submitted, a claim specialist connects with the employer, employee and attending physician. Depending on the claim, additional professionals—such as a registered nurse or occupational associate—may be included.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)1
Give employees access to resources to help them handle life’s everyday—and not so everyday—challenges. Employees and their immediate families have access to free, confidential service, as well as referrals to supportive and community resources.
体育网站投注You automatically receive basic services with your Principal short-term or long-term disability coverage. This includes 24/7 online or phone assistance for your employees. You may choose to offer additional levels of service, such as access to financial and legal services and face-to-face visits.
Enjoy one-stop shopping for disability coverage
Make sure your clients have both group short-term and long-term disability insurance. Then enhance their benefit package by offering individual disability insurance to protect even more of their income. How much income protection do your employees need?
I’m interested in Principal group disability insurance. What’s next?
- Do you know how your group disability insurance measures up? See how your with other companies like yours.
- Talk to your advisor about offering group disability insurance. And, consider combining group disability insurance with group life insurance to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Already a customer? .