Request a grant
体育网站投注Principal Foundation is focused on helping people learn more, earn more, and save more.
Our community Grant Program primarily invests in work that promotes financial security, with an emphasis on serving youth ages 15 – 30. All grant programs are invite-only.
体育网站投注By partnering with community organizations and social enterprises where our employees live and work, we can come together to help individuals live their best lives.
Our funding priorities are rooted in our business’ values. We believe a stronger future begins when we collaborate towards a common goal.
Focus areas & application deadlines
Financial Security Grants - Due March 15
体育网站投注Financial security grants make up the majority our overall investments. We fund organizations and programs focused on:
- Professional skill-building and job training
- Access to savings, credit-building, and financial coaching
- Increase in savings due to resource-building
Talent-focused education grants - due June 15
Talent-focused education investments include K-12 educational organizations that provide Principal®体育网站投注 business-related STEM programming. We also partner with select colleges, universities, and other higher education programs to continue driving business talent development.
Strong Communities Grants - due June 15
We support partner organizations that provide arts, cultural, and/or recreational activities at a free or near-free cost to children and families, especially for individuals who otherwise would not have access to that type of programming.
体育网站投注Major Gifts Grant applications are accepted on March 15, June 15, and September 15.
体育网站投注To learn more about which communities we support and grant eligibility requirements, please refer to our .
If your programming doesn’t align to our grantmaking priorities, tapping into our in-kind giving program or volunteer engagement might be a better fit.
Principal Foundation and Community Relations generally sponsors not-for-profits’ events that align with our Financial Security focus area. As most of our sponsorship budget is allocated 18 to 24 months in advance, we recommend early requests, and require a minimum of one month between request review deadlines (see below) and an event. If request timing becomes a challenge for your organization, we encourage you to consider engagement with Principal employees.
How to request a sponsorship:
- Principal Foundation and Community Relations accepts sponsorship requests year-round.
- Sponsorship requests are reviewed the first week of each quarter. For example, all requests received between January 1 and March 30 will be reviewed the first week of April.
- Complete your sponsorship request .
- For help determining your eligibility, please contact Brandee Ferriss at email@example.com.
Match giving and volunteerism
Principal Foundation encourages our employees to engage with the community. Our match giving programs support volunteerism and promote philanthropy. Eligible employees access and record these opportunities on the .
Dollars for Givers
- United Way: Our signature partnership with United Way is at the center of our employee match giving program. We amplify employee, retiree, and agent charitable contributions with an equal match to their local United Way.
- Board Service Matching: Principal employees who serve on the board of a non-profit organization can apply for an annual direct match of donations to that organization, up to $1,500 annually
Dollars for Doers
体育网站投注Direct funds to organizations where our employees volunteer:
- Individual Volunteer Grants: When employees volunteer over 25 hours with a single organization in a calendar year, they become eligible for mini grants—up to a $1,000 annually per employee.
- Team Volunteer Grants: Teams of 5 or more Principal employees volunteering together for a project can qualify for mini grants to support that organization. Grants range from $500-2,000, depending on the number of employees involved.
Principal Charity Classic
We also recommend Iowa-based K-12 organizations explore the program connected to the Principal Charity Classic. The Principal Charity Classic is an annual and award-winning PGA TOUR Champions event dedicated to investing in the future of Iowa kids. The tournament’s giving now exceeds $17.7 million since 2007.